Saturday, March 29, 2008

Challenge From Trish


Hey, I just learned how to put a poll up on my blog. After reading about this card make sure you scroll up to vote. Just for the fun of it.

For those of you just joining me, I hosted a
Spring Fever Challenge and on the last day I allowed the particpants to challenge me. Very fun.

This first one is from Trish D and she was sure to make it difficult. I have to make an odd card that includes 7 papers, 5 embellishments, 3 stamps and 1 ink color. The hardest rule...NO RIBBON! That was the part that killed me because I have ribbon on just about every single card I make.

**Check My Work**

  1. Odd card...hmmm...this is an odd 5x5 shape.
  2. For the 7 papers I used 1 barely banana as the base + 1 wild wasabi for the mat + 5 different pattern papers = 7 papers used.
  3. For the 5 embellishments I used a felt word (celebrate), 3 brads, and an embellished tag with the number 8
  4. For the three stamps I used the words Happy, Birthday, Friend from three different stamp sets
  5. For the ink I used wild wasabi
  6. And finally...you do not see any ribbon on this card...and I like it.

Thanks for playing Trish and thanks for the challenge. Now I challenge all of you to make Trish's challenge card and post a link here for all to see.

See you on the blog!

14 comments:

Trish D said...

Wow, you're speedy!! Love the grid you've created (good way to combine all those patterns :) I'll have to give this a whirl, but I'm afraid it won't be until Monday...

Pearlann66 said...

that is an awesome card!!

katiesniche said...

WOW that challenge is a hard one to do and you did a great job!!!

Melissa said...

So cute!

Trish D said...

Well, I managed to make a card! Time to check MY work:
http://trish-d.blogspot.com/2008/03/yep-its-another-challenge.html

imastampin said...

I think you did a great job on this and it looks great, even without ribbon!

Danyelle Kessler said...

Great job on the challenge, Denise. I like the papers you used. Barely Banana is HOT with Wild Wasabi!

jpmayo said...

This is a fantastic card!!
I have the worst time with "no ribbon" cards, too, great job:)

ScrappinGalz said...

very fun card. love the colors!

Beedubya said...

I adore this card!

ivyPINK said...

looks awesome denise...
when I read this challenge I was like man that sounds hard. LOL

Joan and Amy said...

Very cute card. Joan

~Michelle~ said...

fun card and great job on the challenge!!

KraftyKerilou said...

Yes! This is gorgeous! Do you remember what that Patterned paper brand is?
Kerilou