Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday PMS Check

I forgot to post this last night before I went to bed. So pretend you are reading this on a Sunday evening and it will all make sense. LOL

Hey it's Sunday and I don't have to work tomorrow! Yeah! Although I love my job who doesn't love an extra long weekend? It just means I have more time to stamp and do laundry....yahoo!

**Stampin Stuff** Not only did I make a card but I fully stamped it too. No die cutting involved on this card and it was inspired by the SCS Inspiration Challenge. I love looking at other people's interpretion of the item shown. Sometimes though I wonder if they are looking at the same thing I am seeing cause they are no where near the piece of inspiration provided.

Anyway, my card base is kraft that I stamped the canvas background with carmel ink. The image is from Best Blooms. (I just mounted it and used it for the first time ever!) The stems are stamped in Wild Wasabi and the flowers are real red. I used a Sakura black glaze pen on the flower center. I used the tag punch and stamped the sentiment friends in white craft ink. I used black sheer polka dot ribbon and the sentiment is stamped in Versafine black ink.

Here are two samples from the gallery that were totally the inspiration for my card.

**PMS Check** Today is Sunday....my day for review and balance in my life. Happy to have another great week to report to you all.

  • Physically- Lost another two pounds this week....down for a total of 6. Yeah for me! I am following a combination of plans but mostly the Best Life Diet by Bob Greene. There are simple steps to take slowly and that is what I am doing. The first thing I incorporated was no eating after 7:30 pm and that truely the key for me...a night time snacker. I also started eating on a schedule. A real breakfast (not just coffee and a granola bar). a real lunch (not more coffee and another granola bar), a real snack when I get home (not just everything I missed out during breakfast and lunch), a real dinner (not fast food), and a real evening snack (not a little of everything in the cabinet). The first three days were hard but once I get adjusted to the schedule it works well for me and I feel so good.
  • Mentally- I am letting go....just letting go. It's hard to let go of something that has been a big part of my life. It's hard to let go of something that means a lot to me. It's hard to let go when I know how much my family has sacraficed in allowing me to do my job. It's hard to let go and worry that the foundation I have laid may go to waste. I am letting go...just letting go.
  • Spiritually- I haven't listened to any of my podcasts this week. But I have still focused on being grateful. Just taking a minute each day to close my eyes and think of nothing else other than my many blessings.

**Gratitude** I am thankful for fresh baked gooey chocolate chip cookies. {LOL...after I just talked about the Best Life Diet and losing a total of 6 pounds!) Let me re-phrase that...I am thankful for a fresh baked gooey chocolate chip cookie at 7:28 pm. I am more thankful that Sarah likes to bake them late in the evening.

See ya on the blog!

2 comments:

Donna C. said...

I love, love, love this card. Your color combo is just wonderful. I will never part with that retired set--just too versatile. You made me want to get it out and play with it again!

Allison Rankin said...

Me loves it! Somehow I got unsubscribed from your blog but you are back on my rounds!