Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Year In Review

It's been one year since I started blogging and honestly I figured it would be a passing phase and I would quit it after three months....which is also my usual diet timeline. LOL.


So what has happened in the last year with my stampin? I have used my stamps a heck of a lot more that's for sure and which is also the reason I started blogging....to justify my purchases and not just stick them in a drawer. I felt like my blog sort of made me accountable to someone other than myself and maybe just maybe someone out there would be inspired by what I had to share. To my amazement....I accomplished both those goals.

As the blogging world grows by leaps and bounds it has sort of tuned into a comeptition of popularity {ok who am I kidding....it is a full on competition for many} and design team quests for many others. I never did this for any sort of notoriaty in the stampin world but who doesn't like comments and new friends? {imaginary friends as you have all be dubbed by my husband and Mary}

I definately think my stampin style has improved and evolved over the last year. I have dipped more into the altered art world {thanks to Donna Downey} and I have definately simplified my scrapbooking style {thanks to Stacey Julian and Cathy Zielske}.

And finally....without trying....I was asked to be part of a Design Team for my friend Anna's store. I brainstormed ideas with her and volunteered to help with samples and she ran with it and created a design team.....smart business move on her part. Now she has 7 girls to help make samples for the store and create a large variety of samples all with different styles....and cut down on her work too!

So amongst all that stampin stuff I have shared lots of personal stuff on here with the whole world...or anyone that stumbles upon my blog and cares to keep reading. I appreciate Allison's nomination as a blog that makes her think because really this blog makes me think....typing the keys is like me thinking outloud here and the topic ranges from my kids, my happiness, diet and exericse, friendships, school and whatever else pops into my brain that runs non-stop so much so that I have insomnia!

Thanks for following me to blogger or just finding me on blogger. For those of you new to my blogging world feel free to catch up on the last year by visiting my old blog on Yahoo....I have to say I have gone back and re-read some of the old posts and cracked myself up a few times. Yeah....I am definately a Dorkabella....but a happy one with a capital D!

Happy Anniversary to me....see ya on the blog!

P.S. I posted this pic of an old card I made because Mary is bringing me dinner tonight and a Starbucks! I have not had any Starbucks in over two weeks....I will probably go into a caffeine overload tonight! Can't wait!

2 comments:

Jacki Marie said...

Hey Denise! Happy Anniversary! I hope you are feeling better!

Basement Stamper said...

Denise: This card is gorgeous! I love the colors of this.