Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday PMS Check

It's Sunday and it's been a while since I did a PMS check. For those of you new to my blog, as a New Year's resolution I started doing a weekly check of my Physical well being, my Mental well being and my Spiritual well being {PMS} and it just kind of stuck. If you don't really care just skip past it and check out my card for today.

**PMS Check**

  • Physical Well Being- Today's weather was so motivating to get moving! I am so ready to plug in my iPod and hit the pavement walking. Who knows how long it is going to take for me to build up to my hour walk and 12 flights of stairs but I'll do it. Just have to have plenty more snowless days.
  • Mental Well Being- Last week was a busy and stressful week for me. Thanks to Amy and Beth for being my sounding boards and of course for their infinate wisdom. I'll quote Beth "People that think they know it all act that way because they don't know much of anything."
  • Spiritaul Well Being- Lots of inner reflecting this past week. Lots of praying this past week. Lots of putting the Law of Attraction to work this past week. All is good and I am grateful for my blessings.

Today would have been my dad's 63rd birthday. It's hard to believe he passed away almost three years ago. I know this will sound creepy to some people but one of my favorite places to visit is the cemetery. My dad is buried right across the street from Lake Michigan in a very old cemetery that is going to be declared a historical marker. The old stones are huge and unbelievably beautiful. I like to just walk and look at the history there while soaking in the sun and listening to the waves hit the shore. It has to be one of the most beautiful and peaceful places on Earth and it's hard to remember that it is surrounded by the hustle and bustle of Chicago. I don't go there often as I should but when I do go I always leave with peace and tranquilty filling my soul. Love you Dad.

**Stampin Stuff** I totally CASED one of Ivy's cards from my Spring Fever Challenge. She did callenge me to case a card of her's and I will do it later probably this one again with her rules implemented. But for now this is is the card that I LOVE and felt the urge to CASE. I only wish I had some big wide satin ribbon for my card. Sarah calls this my Starbucks ribbon...hmmm what would make her think that? LOL


Yes, that is the coveted Swiss Dot Cuttlebug folder that I used on this card. Totally freaked out when I walked into Jo's and found all the new embossing folders. I also used multiple floral dies to create my side panel of flowers. The paper is Bazzil Bling which gives it that sheen. I added some crystals to the center of some of my flowers.

Inside the card I stamped this sentiment from Penny Black with Versafine Sephia ink. I love this sentiment....picked it up at Archiver's a few months back during a playdate with Jen.

Ok...I am off to bed early...which means before 2 am for me. I am trying to be a morning person. Yeah...wish me luck.

See ya on the blog!



5 comments:

jjcreations said...

This is great. I like the peak-a-boo "hi" and I love this ribbon. Joan

Anonymous said...

hello hello :) I got your email i will respond to it promise and im LUVin the card {wink wink} :)

Kerilou said...

I am so jealous! Our Joann's has no CB stuff at all! I am wanting that Swiss Dots folder in the worst way! I love how you put this one together!! Perfect! Kerilou

Anonymous said...

So, so cute! Did I mention that staying up until 2am makes me a morning person? HTH! LOL

Karen Brooks said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Beth's take on people - I need to keep that written down somewhere to reflect on when I am struggling!!! I tell my kids - and anyone else that will listen - "when people criticize you and make fun of you it is only because of their lack of self confidence - it makes them feel better to think (key word) they are superior - don't let them get you down"

Now for the card - just too darling!!! Lov'n what I'm seeing!!! Thanks for all the inspiration!!!