Saturday, April 19, 2008

Home Made Stamps


Wow...have I been SUPER busy with work and life in general. I am very excited to show you my card today because I made the stamps used in this project. Yes you read that right...I literally made these clear stamps with my JustRite Imagebox Professional System. This is a stamp making system that provides you the option of mass producing stamps right from your home. You can sell these stamps at stores, craft fairs or on Etsy....your options are only limited by your imagination.

I created this particular sentiment on my computer using Photoshop Elements and the butterflies are from negatives that were provided to me by JustRite.




Have you ever wished you had a certain sentiment in a larger or smaller size? When I made this sentiment I made it in three sizes so that it would fit in the small SU circle and scallop punches, the Marvy scallop punches and the Nestabilities circle set.

**Stampin Stuff** The black card base measures 4.25 x 6. The butterflies were stamped with Versafine Black ink and watercolored with an aquapainter using SU Pumpkin Pie, Only Orange and Apricot inks and Tempting Turquois and Cool Carribean inks for the blue butterfly. I personally don't own any Copics but I bet they would be awesome for blending and shading the colorful butterflies.

I sponged the edges with Pumpkin Pie ink and matted it on Pumpkin Pie paper. I layered it over the turquois polka dot paper that was in my scrap pile...sorry no name. The sentiment is stamped on a copper tag and mounted with a pop dot.

As you can see in the close up pic I cut out and layered the butterflies so it looks like they are flying. The 3-D effect on this card is really cool if I do say so myself.


See ya on the blog!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cool ... love the depth of color and dimension ... and how fun to make your own stamps ... I'm going to have to check this out.

Heather said...

OMG, this is just beautiful!! That is totally cool you made the stamps yourself!

Melissa said...

Absolutely stunning!

jjcreations said...

Your butterflies are beautiful. Joan

~amy~ said...

WOW! How cool is that...Making your own stamps. Your butterflies are magnificent!

Jen W said...

very cool..didn't know you could make your own stamps!! Thanks for sharing!
p.s. My mom is doing better! Thanks for all the well wishes!