Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I am back!!!


CHA was amazingly awesome...and totally overwhelming. I tried to make the best use of my time from the moment I got there....4 hours late! Yes, my plane left O'Hare late on Saturday so I checked into the hotel and raced to get my badge Saturday night.

Even though CHA was not open to the public until Sunday I was able to get in for a sneak peak on Saturday because I had an Exhibitor badge. Therefore, I walked the floor and figured out my plan of attack which was scrapbooking and paper crafts.

They were all there....all my favorites in rows and rows all pretty and full of amazing goodies. Basic Grey, SEI, K&Co, Anna Griffith, Inky Antics, Tim Holtz, Quickutz, Cosmo Crickit, Crate Paper....and many many more. Sizzix was definately my favorite booth....I must have went in it 5 times. I just can't wait to get my hands on their new dies. I will have a seperate post all about Sizzix.

Sunday was the big day and I spent the entire day roaming the floor and I saw lots of bloggers. I was the very first guest at the Marvy booth and Lisa Johnson from Poppy Paperie was the sweetest thing on Earth. I saw Julie Ebersole at the Amuse booth but didn't want to appear as a stalker so didn't tell her I read her blog. I went to the Copic booth and got a private tutorial from Trudee....I did confess to her that I read her blog. I saw Taylor Van Bruggen on the floor and recognized her immediately....said nothing...didn't want to scare her. I met Jami and Lori from Splitcoast. They came to our booth and are going to do a review of Just Rite Stampers on the Splitcoast blog...I hope.

From the scrapboking field I saw Wendy Smedly at the CK booth. I was introduced and shook hands with Stacy Julian. I saw Donna Downey walking the floor. I did a make and take with Jennifer McGuire at the Hero Arts booth.

The only non paper crafting booth I went to was Wilton because they had the best cupcake displays. The pic above is cupcakes made in silicone cups that have flower petals on the edges. When in the stand they look like yummy flowers. So darn cute.

Oh and I totally forgot to take out my camera for most of the show....hence the reason I don't have many pics. I do have to say that the booth I was most surprised about was Doodle Bug. I am not a huge Doodle Bug fan but their booth was so pretty and so cute. They had great displays and I found many things that I like...that totally surprised me.

There is so much more to tell you but I'll have to break it up over multiple posts or you will be bored to death.

See ya on the blog! Oh and thanks for all the birthday wishes. I had an incredible birthday weekend.....and wait til you see my Valentine's Day present!!! I am sooooo spoiled by my wonderful husband....and I am able to publicly admit it too.

No comments: