Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year - A New Resolution



Hope you all had a safe and festive New Year's Eve. I had my annual party with friends and was so thankful that the 7 inches of snow didn't deter anyone from coming out. Beth got sick, Jen had to work and Mary went out of town so that put a damper on my evening. But in the end it all worked out and after a few Cosmos all went well.

I spent the day today just hanging out with the family. Bill took the girls for a snowmobile ride. I stamped....I know I can hardly believe it myself. I read the new SU catty and made a wish list. Watched High School Musical 2 for the millionth time...why? Watched Hairspray and laugh every time I think of John Travolta as the mother....cracks me up....hon. LOL

Tried to determine what my New Year's Resolution is going to be this year. Last year you may recall it was my Sunday PMS check....PMS standing for Physical, Mental and Spritual well being. I maintained that for about 6 months and then life changed and I let it slip.

So this year I am going to re-focus on the PMS and focus more on the "Mental" aspect of my life. So the question I have been pondering all day today is what causes me so much stress in my life? The root of that evil would have to be......PROCRASTINATION!!!! Yes, that ugly 14 letter word should really be simplified to STRESS.....Mental stress for me. I am constantly thinking of things that I have to do...things that I have put off til the last minute....things that are easily taken care of but for some reason I have just kept putting it off until I am under the wire.

Procrastination causes me to lose money, time, and sleep. Why wouldn't that be stressful for anyone? My goal for 2008 is to get a grip on procrastination which should in turn make the Physical and Spiritual areas of my life so much more managable. I see a trickle down effect happening here....at least that is my hope.
Please leave me a comment and tell me about your New Year's Resolution! I'll be sure to keep you accountable if you do the same for me.

**Stampin Stuff** I made this card today and realized that I miss stamping and being creative....not that this is a spectacular card but got my creative juices flowing again.
I tested out my $10 sewing machine that I picked up at Target for card making purposes. It worked pretty good...you can see it on the bashful blue paper edge. I also faux sewed around the edge of the red card base. I used the Office Accoutrement stamp set....for the second time since I purchased it. Used my new SU scallop punch finally!

**If you really knew me, you would know** that I start reading books and rarely finish them. Remember the book Happiness Now I was so excited about last year...um yeah....found it in my nighstand drawer.

I got this idea from the Oprah show today. It was a show about teenagers at a high school and one of the lessons had them in a circle and they had to start the sentance with....If you really knew me you would know...and then finish the sentance. So I am going to use it for my blog....if you care to know me any more than you already do.

OK....off to take care of some procrastination....sorting through the growing pile of magazines on the floor next to my bed. {It is a HUGE pile...about 6 months worth of magazines....three or four different subscriptions! Yikes} See ya on the blog!



2 comments:

TanyaD said...

Happy New Year Denise! I miass my daily dose of stamping inspiration. Every year I make 2 New years resolutions. Oe s to quit smoking. The other is to lose all the extra baby weight. Well last year I finally followed through on one and I quit smoking.Now I have another 15 pounds added on to the already six year old extra baby weight. So this year I have high hopes that I can stick to a diet and exercise plan and lose at least 30 pounds. will hold you accountable if you do the same for me.

Tanya

Ruth said...

Happy New Year Denise! Good to see you posting again! I miss your inspiring words. How's the new job?
Good Luck on your New Year's Resolution!