Monday, August 6, 2007

Me again

Hi again...

Today is my first day alone without adult companionship since my surgery as Bill went back to work. So sad...so lonely...I miss him already. He called to check on me this morning and I was still snoozing in the chair. But I have managed to get up for a cup of coffee, a granola bar and a Percocet....feelin pretty good now. Mornings are always yucky cause I am stiff and achey.

I have pulled myself away from the recliner and HGTV to venture onto the computer and attempt to read some of the Google Reader...OMG I have over 1,000 posts in my Google Reader! I am sure I will be doing lots of skimming and picture looking as it is too much to read.

Got some cool happy mail from my friend Anna at the blog Stampanna. Remember I told you that she owns a store in New Jersey called Stampingly Yours? Well we have been chit chatting and brain storming back and forth for months and I said that I would help her with samples for her store and then she ran with it and created a store Design Team. There are 7 girls and we are each assigned a shelf area to decorate with whatever we want. She sends us a box of goodies that she would like to promote within the store with a theme for the month! We have a montly deadline with a theme and product of her choice and we can supplement from her inventory as well.

The cool thing is that she carries My Favorite Things, Stamping Bellas, and Amuse just to name a few stamp companies. She also carries Basic Grey and Bo Bunny too! How fun is it going to be to receive a box of goodies and total creative freedom to come up with whatever I want for my area? We are not limited to just cards....we can do scrapbook pages and altered art too! So excited and thankful to Anna for this opportunity to be part of her team. I only wish I lived closer so I could come to the store and help with classes and of course to shop!

Oh and to answer some questions about my surgery. I have lots of stitches...three layers of stitches (inside and out) and I was cut hip to hip. Yes, my tummy is definately super flat but looks very odd right now as I am swollen and do have pucker marks on my hips. I am not able to stand up right but over time in the next few weeks I will gradually be able to stand up more and more each day. It will take a few months for the swelling to go away and my puckering on the hips will also decrease but probably won't totally disappear. No biggie....wasn't planning on showing off my hips to anyone. Anyway, my body will be healing and changing for months to come before I really see what I am left with.

Over all I am very happy with my plastic surgery and I am THRILLED beyond belief that my hernia is gone. The hernia was my main concern and tummy tuck was extra just cause they were working on me and willing to accomodate my wishes for a flatter tummy. I am even more happy that this was no where near as painful as I had anticipated. Painful, uncomfortable and achey...for sure....but definately bearable and worth it in the end. I would do it again and don't regret it at all.

Ok...back to the recliner and cutting up magazines. See ya on the blog!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back and that you are feeling better! Congrats on your new design team. I wish you the best of luck!
Hugs,
Gina K.

Morning Glory68 said...

Hi Denise!

It's so good to have you back on the blog! I'm thrilled for your progress and that you're recovery is coming along without incident.

Congrats on the design team opportunity. How cool!

Please tell Beth thank you for keeping us updated on your progress. Bill sounds like a great husband. What a blessing friends and family are especially when you need them the most.

What do Bill and the kids think of your new tummy?

Blessings,
Gena

Allison Rankin said...

You have been tagged (sorry!): http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/2007/08/i-forgot-this-tag.html\

Oh, your design team efforts sound enticing...have fun!

Pat said...

Hi Denise,

It's so good to have you back. Thanks to Beth for keeping us updated on your progress. Congrats on the design team opportunity...you will be great!

Pat