Saturday, January 12, 2008

Love Notes for Sarah















This is my daughter Sarah's favorite card from today's stampin binge. I made 8 cards today!!! No I can't show them to you all at once...what will I show you during the week? BTW, since I have my Big Shot, Sizzix and Cuttlebug accessories I am finding that I am becoming more of a "scrappy card" maker...I belive Julie Ebersole from Paper Trufflez coined that phrase. Basically, less stamping and more die cut images and layering of decorative papers. Maybe it's just a phase I am going through right now but I like the looks of the "scrappy cards" I have been seeing on a lot of blogs lately.

Anyway, I will be giving it to her for Valentine's Day. The charm is a real silver charm she can use on her charm bracelet.

**Stampin Stuff** The base is white 4.25 x 4.25 card stock. I layered some pattern paper and rounded the corners. The ribbon across the top is from the $1 bin at Mike's. I stamped the word Love with sephia Versafine Ink. I love that ink as much as I love the black!

I used my Sizzix file folder die and my Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet to write the word "notes". Inside I put an X (from Red Tag Alphabet) and O (heart from the concentric hearts). I sponged the edge of the file folder with chocolate chip ink.

**Random Blogging** I know this is going to sound hokey but I have been listening to some podcasts about The Secret and trying to implement the lesson from each podcast into my daily life. Again, each podcast comes back to gratitude...being grateful for all you have in your life right now before you ask to bring more into your life.

I really have been taking the time to be thankful. As I sat and pondered what I have been blessed with I have gotten just about everything I have desired. Maybe not at the very moment I wanted it but in the end I was lead right to what I desired. Of course, I believe that it is more than the Law of Attraction and my energy in the universe....I believe that God has a big part in the plan as well but the Law of Attraction makes sense to me in this equation as well.

With that being said, I received an awesome surprise gift in the mail this week. Followed up with an email exhange that has lead to the begining of another surprise and desire that I have wanted for a long time...at least a year! I can't tell you right now but I PROMISE you will hear it first...ok after I call and squeal in utter delight to Jen. {I already told her the path I am being lead down and she is all on board.}

Anyway, the podcast I was listening to last night was talking about changing your perception of looking at things...finding the positive in everything and being open to let those good things into your life....big and small good things....recognizing them when they happen and openly embracing them and being thankful. This is not to say I wasn't thankful for the things in my life before.....but sometimes I was just in the moment, living life and not taking the time to slow down and be truely grateful.

After this week and seeing the Law of Attraction in action....I am definately going to be more aware of my desires, actions and gratitude.

1 comment:

Independence BBQ Repair said...

Greatt reading your blog post