Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Speedy Recovery


**Stampin Stuff** How appropriate that my Cruisabella and sentiment arrived yesterday. So I made a quick Get Well card using my new stamps. The blue frame is made from DCWV textrued chipboard and my Sizzix die....love that die. I am not liking it for card making as it takes up the whole card. It will be better for scrapbooking and journaling. The image was colored with an aquapainter and Sakura stardust pens...adds lots of sparkle. I added gingham ribbon on the side for some texture....there really isn't any room for some brads on this card.....darn!

**Tools** Nicole asked what it was that I loved so much about my Fiskars Rotary Cutter that I talked about yesterday. It cuts so smooth and the blade lasts for a really long time. I have had mine for 4 months and I haven't replaced the blade yet....and it gets used daily! The paper stays in place and it doesn't matter if it is cardstock or pattern paper it doesn't tear the paper when it cuts. It also has some rubber foot pads so the trimmer so it doesn't move on the table as you drag the cutting blade.

Also, my biggest complaint about my other trimmer was the cutting track was not snug on the blade and sometimes (more often than not) the blade moved and I wouldn't get a clean straight cut. This track system is totally different and the blade does not move at all....perfect cut every time. There is an even bigger 12x12 Rotary cutter that sells for $60. This one will cut 12x12 paper but you have to pull out the arm that is stored underneath the base....just like the old cutter. I love this cutter and I am so glad that I found it.

**Random Blogging** Well tomorrow is the big day....my surgery. Yesterday, I went to my pre-op and he drew a lovely pattern of lines all over my tummy. Kinda wierd to see what is literally going to be missing when I wake up. But trust me...nothing I haven't imagined a million times myself.

I am scheduled for an 11:00 surgery so think good thoughts and prayers for me at that time. I am happy and comfortable with my surgeon and hospital....it's the pain that is freaking me out. No standing upright for two weeks, no putting my legs straight in bed for two weeks, sleeping upright for two weeks, no tension on my incision for two weeks.....miserably uncomfortable for two weeks. Throwing up is what scares me....I don't do pain meds very well and the last thing I want to do after abdominal surgery is throw up.

Ok...I know that the tummy tuck is the elective portion of my surgery and I am not complaining....just venting my pre-surgery jitters is all. Really I am more thrilled to have this hernia finally taken care of once and for all.

My friend Beth has a blog (not stampin related at all) and I will have her post updates if anyone is interested. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes....it really means a lot to me!

See ya on the blog....in a few weeks!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Love the curvy lines with the car! Great idea

Classroomfree said...

Lovely card, really great idea.

Wishing you well with the surgery. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

wish you well tomorrow and will keep you in our prayers

Bevie Pearl said...

Good Luck Denise with your surgery tomorrow. I will be sending up lots of Prayers and Positive Thoughts!

Kendra Hernandez said...

get well soon denise! I am so glad to see you made it over to blogger - now I can leave you comments!!! :)

Jacki Marie said...

I'm sorry, I just found out about your surgery. I hope your recovery is going well.

Anonymous said...

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my website so
i got here to go back the choose?.I am trying to find things to
enhance my web site!I guess its adequate to make
use of a few of your ideas!!

Stop by my webpage ... Dream multimedia card Sharing