Sunday, November 27, 2011

Getting Crafty



Have I mentioned that I LOVE Pinterest? Well I do. It is crafty goodness, home decor and recipes (and much much more) on steroids.




Above is the beginning of a project that I found on Pinterest. I love typography and this project really jumped out at me. I was on a quest for magnetic alphabet letters (the kind you stick to the fridge) as they were far cheaper than wooden letters. I finally found them at some random toy store in the mall ...double alphabet plus numbers for $5.99 (rip off ....because if I wasn't looking or wanting these damn things I'd find them by the bag full at the thrift store!)



Love, love, love this shadow box filled with letters that I primed and spray painted satin white. I wrote each of our names on the first letter of our names and added a heart with the date this family was established......1989 is the year we got married. I picked up a three pack of shadow boxes at Michael's for $9.99 and I added a sheet of grey card stock in the background. Then I strategically glued the letters to the cardstock with glue dots.



The end result.....an awesome addition to my mantle. Love it and will be making these as Christmas gifts for friends and family.....for less than $5.00. Can't really put a price on a gift made with love!!!



I did lots of shopping this Thanksgiving weekend and I spent a lot of time at the craft store. Sarah and I decided to do something different this year and give everyone a handmade gift. Tell me what are making and giving this year???

See ya on the blog!
Denise

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: